Activities, Events and Trips
The Rocky Mountain International Student Program sponsors a wide variety of activities, events and trips for participating students. The 2016/17 schedule listed below is confirmed but subject to change. For photos of past activities, events, and trips, please click here. For a printable version of the 2016/17 Experience Schedule, click the link below.
SPONSORED (included in program fees)
These events, activities, and trips are sponsored by the Rocky Mountain International Student Program. The schedule is carefully planned to ensure a complete cultural and recreational experience for participating students.
- River rafting
- Welcome trip to Alberta (Banff, Lake Louise, Calgary)
- Hike/Hot Springs Adventure
- Curling party (Canada's other favourite sport!)
- International Ski/Snowboard Day
- International ski/snowboard day
- Winter camping experience
- Spring trip West Edmonton Mall
- Canoe and/or kayak experience
- Year-end BBQ party in Invermere
- Rocky Rewards trip to Vancouver (for qualifying students only)
OPTIONAL (additional fees required)
These events, activities, and trips are arranged by the Rocky Mountain International Student Program but they are not included in the basics fees students pay. Additional fees will be required to participate.
- Skyline Luge at Canada Olympic Park
- Columbia Icefields trip and trek
- NHL hockey game (Calgary Flames)
- NLL lacrosse game in Calgary
Important: optional trips are subject to minimum enrollment requirements and may be postponed or cancelled if student numbers are insufficient.
- Waterton-Glacier international cruise (south)
- Banff gondola (north)